the *new* Volvo Marketplace Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Post your Want to Buy requests as well.

1988 740 wagon

Wanted

Wheels and Tires/Axles

04-17-2024, 06:12 AM | Replies: 7 | Views: 251

• Price
    Any Price
  • Location Paramount, CA, 90723, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Volvo 740 1988 - 1990
Description:

Hi there. Am wanting to bring my wagon back to factory setup and standard particularly the wheels. Its hard to set up the car as I noticed it has limited offset that it can only take, else you will scrape your struts. There are hardly any negative offsets that are suitable for this model, unless somebody can give me tips eg., wheel width, offset etc and what kind of wheels available and where to get em.
so for now, im thinking going stock and factory correct is the way to go.... I mean you can never go wrong right ??? 
Anyone wanting to sell their OE wheels ?? I can refurbish it myself so no need to have a hrandeur of an old set. But if u do, let me know.
Shipping 90723
cheers
les

Old 04-17-2024, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

les,
I have four nice rims that fit 740's from 85 to 92. They are 5 spoke aluminum alloy 15" x 6". They are called Draco.
I don't have any pics but you can see them on the net by typing in that name. I think the Volvo number is 1330400.
The downside is I am at 15834 which makes shipping a bit pricey. 600.00+ actual shipping. I might be missing a
center cap. These make a 740 look really sweet, they were my summer rims on a 1986 wagon.
bob

Old 04-17-2024, 05:29 PM

Thanks 544960. Yes I saw the pictures/images of the draco. Nice wheels and fits perfectly on wagons alright.
Painful for 600 or so for shipping. Ouch and double ouch. Gotta think of other ways.
Until then, your whees is top of mind at the
moment. How much do you want for it by the way ??
Les

Old 04-17-2024, 10:26 PM

Les,
I was not very clear in my original post about the price. 600.00 for the four Draco rims is my asking price. That
does not include shipping which would probably be around 50.00 per rim from PA to CA. Right now they have
tires on and I need to get them removed to get an actual shipping cost. I have individual boxes that they came
in but cannot remember the cost. I'm driving 1997 V90 wagons with Araine 5 spoke mags on both of them The
backspacing is different at 43mm, they do not fit the 740 series. Right wheels enhance the overall looks of any
automobile. If you are interested in the Draco's I'll get a tire off and get a weight and actual shipping cost.
bob

Old 04-18-2024, 02:11 AM

Thanks Bob. The wheels are great but i am actually in a dilemna..... stock wheels or continue searching for a more agressive aftermarket wheels and put a nasty stance ? I am a purist.... all my project cars get the ride back to factory correct and model correct when done. This is my first Volvo project and I am having difficulty figuring things out bcos of the offset and limited variety of 5x108 pcd wheels available.
Your thoughts if you dont mind.

Les

Old 04-19-2024, 08:03 AM

Les,
The Draco rims were available from the dealer as they are actual Volvo accesories not after market. That being said
the bolt pattern, offset and tire size are all correct. I used 205/65-15's which are a bit wider for that aggresive look on
my V90. Difficult to tell but I think it improves handleing a bit as well. The tires do not rub any where but they throw a
little slop around the wheel wells. There was another wheel available from volvo for the 740 series but I can't think of
the name of it. To me it looked like a matchbox car, to many spokes and sparkles for me. The Draco's are five spokes
like the Arianes in my pic but have a larger center cap. They would give you a pretty nice balance of nasty stance and
purist OEM look. On the V90 the bigger tire size fills the wheel well openings up which I like that profile.
bob

Old 04-19-2024, 09:10 AM

Thanks for your input Bob. The wheels I currently have has an offset of 26mm. With wheels like that, the front needs about a centimeter of wheel spacer, else it rubs the strut. Tire size is 245 45 r 17... a size that is recommended should the wheels be 17's. Will try to see what it looks like with some spacers at the rear too. Even with tires of that size still gives plenty of room to push the wheel outward, maybe still an inch or so so that its still tucked in the arches.
Ive got a long long way to go with the project so a real good plan and foresight would be good. I mail you back again should your wheels be it.
Have a good one !!!

Les

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM